4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Olivier Toupet was the supervisor of the Robotic Aerial Mobility group (347T) which develops innovative technologies to improve the autonomy of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). His technical expertise is at the intersection of robotics and aeronautics, with a focus on guidance, navigation, and control, and includes multi-vehicle (swarm) decision-making, path-planning, optimal and robust control, state estimation, flight dynamics modeling, and aircraft design.
* MS in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 2006
* MS in Aerospace Engineering, Ecole Nationale Superieure de lAeronautique et de lEspace (SUPAERO), France, 2003
* Supervisor of the Robotic Aerial Mobility group, since 2018
* Leader of the Robotic Mobility group at JPL, 2016 - 2018
* Research Technologist in the Robotic Controls and Estimation group at JPL, 2013 - 2016
* Senior Flight Controls Engineer at Zee.aero (VTOL electric airplane start-up), 2011 - 2013
* Lead Research Engineer in Autonomy, Controls, and Estimation, at Aurora Flight Sciences (UAV company), 2006 - 2011
* Aerospace Engineer at Nascent Tech (UAV company), 2005 - 2006
* Aerial robotics
* Multi-vehicle collaborative control
* Robot decision making & motion planning
* Probabilistic estimation and learning