4800 Oak Grove Drive
Kyohei Otsu is a Robotics Technologist in the Robotic Systems Estimation, Decision, and Control Group at JPL. He is particularly interested in autonomous navigation technologies such as visual perception and robot learning. He has extensive hands-on experience in robotic system development.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering and Information Systems, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2016
- MS in Electrical Engineering and Information Systems, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2013
- Exchange Study, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2013
- BS in Information and Communication Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2011
- Robotics Technologist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (Oct. 2016 - )
- Research Intern, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (Jan. 2015 - Apr. 2015 and Nov. 2015 - Jan. 2016)
- Visiting Student, KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Aug. 2012 - Jun. 2013)
- Research Assistant, Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (Apr. 2011 - Sep. 2016)
He is interested in computer vision technologies that reliably navigate robotic vehicles in uncertain environments. Particular topics include visual perception, autonomous learning, motion planning, and visual odometry.