4800 Oak Grove Drive
Garrett Johnson is a software engineer with a background in video game design and development. Since joining JPL in 2012 he has worked on a variety of software tooling including web based and augmented reality applications for robot introspection, operations, and spacecraft design contributing to projects such as ATHLETE, OnSight, ProtoSpace, and Foundry IME.
Before coming to JPL Garrett studied game design and development at UCLA. He is now working on tools for Mars 2020 enable web-based drive simulation preview and autonomous navigation introspection.
BA Game Design and Development, UCLA
2012 - Present
Software Engineer & Designer, JPL
- Robotics Operation Tool Development
- Graphics Development
- Web Development
- Immersive Technology Development
Game Developer, UCLA Game Lab
- Visualization for Robot Autonomy Introspection
- Software Usability and Reusability
- Innovative Control and Operations Systems