JPL Robotics is supporting D.H. Wagner Associates on this SBIR to create and test an enhanced version the existing DARPA ACTUV Modeling and Simulation System (DAMS). This task will:
1. use JPL’s detailed and realistic EO/IR models and CARACaS components that support autonomous submarine track-and-trail without radar capability;
2. provide remote support to validate at-sea DAMS EO/IR sensor models and ACTUV autonomous submarine track-and-trail without radar capability;
3. modify DAMS to make it user friendly, intuitive, and easily configurable;
4. enhance DAMS to accurately model potential ACTUV sensors of interest to DARPA and the Office of Naval Research (ONR);
4. use enhanced and validated DAMS to quantitatively analyze effectiveness of autonomous submarine track-and-trail capability without radar.