Member of Technical Staff
- Conference Papers:
- R. W. Nelson, S. G. Lever, D. M. Gaines, J. A. Herman, P. P. Hwang, S. L. Laubach, M. M. Pack, and S. F. Peters, "On Low Power Operations during Spirit’s Third Winter on Mars," IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MT, March 7-14, 2009.
- H. Nayar, J. Balaram, J. Cameron, A. Jain, C. Lim, R. Mukherjee, S. Peters, M. Pomerantz, L. Reder, P. Shakkottai, and S. Wall, "A Lunar Surface Operations Simulator," International Conference on Simulation, Modeling, and Programming, Venice, Italy, November 3-7, 2008.
- R. Volpe and S. Peters, "Rover Technology Development and Infusion for the 2009 Mars Science Laboratory Mission," Proceedings of 7th the International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Automation for Space, Nara, Japan, May 19-23, 2003.
- S. Peters, "A Science-Based Executive for Autonomous Planetary Vehicles," Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Automation for Space, Montreal, Canada, June 18-21, 2001.
- S. Peters, "NASA's Science Rover for MUSES-C," Proceedings of the 9th ISAS Workshop on Astrodynamics and Flight Mechanics, Sagamihara, Japan, July 22-23, 1999.
- W. Eggemeyer, S. Grenander, A. Amador, and S. Peters, "Long Term Evolution of a Planning and Scheduling Capability for Real Planetary Applications," Proceedings of the International Workshop on Planning and Scheduling for Space Exploration and Science, Oxnard, CA, October 28-30, 1997.
- S. Hayati, R Volpe, P Backes, J. Balaram, R. Welch, R. Ivlev, G. Tharp, S. Peters, T. Ohm, and R. Petras, "The Rocky7 Rover: A Mars Sciencecraft Prototype," Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Albuquerque, NM, April 20-25, 1997.
- S. Peters and R. Welch, "Science-Based Autonomy for Rocky7," Proceedings of the Planetary Society 1997 International Conference on Mobile Planetary Robots, Santa Monica, California, January 29-31, 1997.
- Y. Wakita, S. Hirai, K. Machida, K. Ogimoto, T. Itoko, P. Backes, and S. Peters, "Application of Intelligent Monitoring for Super Long Distance Teleoperation," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, Osaka, Japan, November 5-7, 1996.
- P. G. Backes, S. F. Peters, L. Phan, and K. S. Tso, "Task Lines and Motion Guides," EEE International Conference on Automation and Robotics, Minneapolis, April 22-28, 1996.
- K. Machida, S. Hirai, Y. Wakita, H. Ujiie, F. Yasumoto, K. Ogimoto, P. Backes, and S. Peters, "Study on Super Long Distance Space Telerobotics: Experiment of Platform Assembling from USA," 9th Space Science and Technology Conference, Osaka, Japan (in Japanese), October 31 - November 2, 1995.
- P. S. Schenker, S. F. Peters, E. D. Paljug, and W. S. Kim, "Intelligent viewing control for robotic and automation systems," Proceedings of the SPIE Sensor Fusion VII Conference 2355, Boston, MA, Oct 31 - Nov. 4, 1994.
- L. G. Hull, S. F. Peters, and R. Davis, "EOS Distributed Planning and Scheduling Prototype," Proceedings of the AIAA Computing in Aerospace 9 Conference, San Diego, CA, October 19-21, 1993.
- S. F. Peters, S. Hirai, T. Omata, and T. Sato, "Robot behavior planning with qualitative reasoning," Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Osaka, Japan, November 3-5, 1991.
- S. F. Peters, S. Hirai, T. Omata, and T. Sato, "Planning robot control parameter values with qualitative reasoning," Proceedings of the 12th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Sydney, Australia, August 24-30, 1991, 1234-1240.
- D. Mittman, B. Bon, C. E. Collins, G. Fleischer, T. Litwin, J. Morrison, J. S. O'Meara, S. F. Peters, J. Brogdon, B.Humeniuk, A. Ladd, J. Lago, M. Sklar, J. Spencer, and B. Wegerif, "The JPL/KSC telerobotic inspection demonstration," Proceedings of the Goddard Conference on Space Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD, May 1-2, 1990.
- S. Peters, "Autonomy Through Interaction: The JPL Telerobot Interactive Planning System," Proceedings of the SPIE Space Station Automation IV Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, November 7-9, 1988.
- Journal Articles:
- D. W. Beaty, S. Miller, W. Zimmerman, J. Bada, P. Conrad, E. Dupuis, T. Huntsberger, R. Ivlev, S. S. Kim, B. G. Lee, D. Lindstrom, L. Lorenzoni, P. Mahaffy, K. McNamara, D. Papanastassiou, S. Patrick, S. Peters, N. Rohatgi, J. J. Simmonds, J. Spray, T. D. Swindle, L. Tamppari, A. Treiman, J. K. Wolfenbarger, and A. Zent, "Planning for a Mars In-Situ Sample Preparation and Distribution (SPAD) System," Planetary and Space Science, 52, 2004, 55-66.
- S. Peters, "Robotic Vehicles for Planetary Exploration: Flight Projects and Research at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory," Journal of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Volume 120 Number 12, Tokyo, Japan (in Japanese translation), December 2000.
- Technical Reports:
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Goddard Space Flight Center, "Earth Observing System Distributed Planning and Scheduling Prototype Lessons Learned," EOS Library, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, June 1993.
- S. Peters, D. Mittman, C. Collins, J. Callahan, and M. Rokey, "Planning and Reasoning in the JPL Telerobot Testbed," JPL Publication 90-37, September 15, 1990.
- Informal Articles:
- S. Peters, "The NASA Rover for MUSES-C," ISAS News, Sagamihara, Japan, June 1999.