Paul G. Backes, Ph.D.
- P. Backes, A. Diaz-Calderon, M. Robinson, M. Bajracharya, D. Helmick, "Automated Rover Positioning and Instrument Placement," IEEE Aerospace Conference, 2005, March 5-12, 2005.
- P. Backes, J. Norris, M. Powell, M. Vona, R. Steinke, J. Wick., "The Science Activity Planner for the Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Fido Field Test Results," Proceedings IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, Montana., March 6-13, 2004.
- P. Backes, J. Norris, M. Powell, K. Tso, G. Tharp, P.C. Leger, "Sequence Planning for the FIDO Mars Rover Prototype.," Proceedings IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big
Sky, Montana., March 8-13, 2003.
- P. Backes, K. Tso, J. Norris, G. Tharp, "Beyond Webcams, An Introduction
to Online Robots; Chapter: Internet-based Ground Operations for Mars Lander and Rover Missions," MIT Press, 2002, 227-240.
- P. Backes, K. Tso, J. Norris, G. Tharp, J. Slostad, R. Bonitz, K. Ali, "Internet-Based Operations for the Mars Polar Lander Mission," Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, April 2000, 20252032.
- Y. Bar-Cohen and P. Backes, "Scanning Large Aerospace Structures Using Open-Architecture Crawlers," National Space & Missile Materials Symposium (NSMMS), San Diego, California, February 2000.
- Y. Bar-Cohen, P. Backes, "Scanning Aircraft Structures Using Open-Architecture Robotic Crawlers as Platforms with NDT Boards and Sensors," Materials Evaluation, 57(3), March 1999, 361366.
- P. Backes, S. Peters, L. Phan, K. Tso, "Task Lines and Motion Guides," Presence,7(5), October 1998, 494502.
- P. Backes, "Dual-arm Supervisory and Shared Control Task Description and Execution," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 12, 1994, 29-54.
- P. Backes, "Teleoperation and Robotics in Space; Chapter 6: Supervised Autonomy For
Space Telerobotics," AIAA, 1994.
- P. Backes, G. Leininger, C. Chung, "Joint Self-Tuning with Cartesian Setpoints," ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 108, June 1986, 146150.
- P. Backes, K. Tso, G. Tharp, "The Web Interface for Telescience," Presence, 8(5), 529-537.