Khaled S. Ali, PhD
- H. Nayar, K. Ali, A. Aubrey, T. Estlin, J. Hall, I. Nesnas, A. Parness, D. Wiberg, "Space Robotics Technologies for Deep Well Operations," Proceedings of the Offshore Technology Conference, April 30-May 3, 2012, Houston, TX, .
- K.S. Ali, C.A. Vanelli, "The Effects of Clock Drift on the Mars Exploration Rovers," Proceedings of the 2012 AIAA Space Conference, September 2012.
- A. Trebi-Ollennu, K. S. Ali, A. L. Rankin, K. S. Tso, C. Assad, J. B. Matthews, R. G. Deen, D. A. Alexander, R. Toda, H. Manohara, M. Wolf, J. R. Wright, J. Yen, F. Hartman, R. G. Bonitz, and A. R. Sirota, "Lunar Surface Operations Testbed (LSOT)," Proceedings of IEEE Aerospace Conference, March 2012.
- Won S. Kim, Jeffrey J. Biesiadecki, Khaled S. Ali, "Visual Target Tracking on the Mars Exploration Rovers," Proc. of the 9th International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space (i-SAIRAS), February 2008.
- Samad Hayati, Arturo Rankin, Won Kim, Patrick Leger, Steve Chien, and Khaled Ali, "Advanced Robotics Technology Infusion to the NASA Mars Exploration
Rover (MER) Project," 2007 IFAC Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles, September 2007.
- K. Ali, C. Vanelli, J. Biesiadecki, M. Maimone, Y. Cheng, A. San Martin, J. Alexander, "Attitude and Position Estimation on the Mars Exploration Rovers," Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, October 2005.
- C. Vanelli and K. Ali, "High Gain Antenna Pointing on the Mars Exploration Rovers," Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, October 2005.
- W. S. Kim, A. I. Ansar, R. D. Steele, Khaled Ali, Issa Nesnas, "Rover-Based Visual Target Tracking Validation and Mission Infusion," Proc. of the 2005 AIAA Space 2005 Conference, August 2005.
- P.S. Schenker, P. Pirjanian, B. Balaram, K.S. Ali, A. Trebi-Ollennu, T.L. Huntsberger, H. Aghazarian, B.A. Kennedy E.T. Baumgartner, K. Iagnemma, A. Rzepniewski, S. Dubowsky, P.C. Leger, D. Apostolopoulos, G.T. McKee, "Reconfigurable robots for all terrain exploration," Proc. SPIE Vol. 4196, Sensor Fusion and Decentralized Control in Robotic Systems III, November 2000.
- Paul G. Backes, Kam S. Tso, Jeffrey S. Norris, Gregory K. Tharp, Jeffrey T. Slostad, Robert G. Bonitz, and Khaled S. Ali, "Internet-Based Operations for the Mars Polar Lander Mission," Proc. of the 2000 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, April 2000.
- K. Ali and R. Arkin, "Implementing Schema-theoretic Models of Animal Behavior in Robotic Systems," Proc. of the 1998 5th International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, June 1998.
- P. Fiorini, K. Ali, H. Seraji, "Health Care Robotics: A Progress Report," Proc. of the 1997 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, April 1997.
- D. Bentivegna, K. Ali, R. Arkin, T. Balch, "Design and Implementation of a Teleautonomous Hummer," Proc. of Mobile Robots XII, 1997.
- K. Ali and A. Goel, "Combining Navigational Planning and Reactive Control," Proc. AAAI-96 Workshop on Reasoning About Actions, Planning, and Control: Bridging the Gap, 1996.
- R. Arkin and K. Ali, "Integration of Reactive and Telerobotic Control in Multi-agent Robotic Systems," Proc. Third International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behavior, (SAB94) [From Animals to Animats], August 1994.
- A. Goel, K. Ali and A. Gomez, "Computational Trade-Offs in Experience-Based Reasoning," Proc. AAAI-94 Workshop on Evaluating Case-Based Reasoning, July 1994.
- Journal Article(s):
- W.S. Kim, I.A. Nesnas, M. Bajracharya, R. Madison, A.I. Ansar, R.D. Steele, J.J. Biesiadecki, K.S. Ali, "Targeted Driving Using Visual Tracking on Mars: From Research to Flight," Journal of Field Robotics, Volume 26, Issue 3, March 2009, 243-263.
- Ronald C. Arkin, Khaled Ali, Alfredo Weitzenfeld, Francisco Cervantes-Perez, "Behavioral Models of the Praying Mantis as a Basis for Robotic Behavior," Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 32, No. 1, July 2000, 39-60.
- K. Ali, R. Arkin, "Multiagent Teleautonomous Behavioral Control," Machine Intelligence & Robotic Control, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2000, pp. 3-10.
- R. Cipra, H. Das, K. Ali, D. Hong, "Device for Automated Cutting and Transfer of Plant Shoots," NASA Tech Briefs, Vol. 27, No. 9, September 2003, p. 56.
- A. Goel, K. Ali, M. Donnellan, A. Gomez de Silva Garza, and T. Callantine, "Multistrategy Adaptive Path Planning," IEEE Expert, Vol. 9, No. 6, December 1994.
- Ph.D. Dissertation:
- K. S. Ali, "Multiagent Telerobotics: Matching Systems to Tasks," Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Computing, June 1999.