Member of Technical Staff
- 2. Journal Papers:
- M. Golombek · J. Grant · D. Kipp · A. Vasavada · R. Kirk · R. Fergason · P. Bellutta · F. Calef · K. Larsen · Y. Katayama · A. Huertas · R. Beyer · A. Chen · T. Parker · B. Pollard · S. Lee · Y. Sun · R. Hoover · H. Sladek · J. Grotzinger · R. Welch · E. Noe Dobrea · J. Michalski · M. Watkins, "Selection of the Mars Science Laboratory Landing Site," Space Sci Rev DOI 10.1007/s11214-012-9916-y
June 2012., .
- M. Golombek, A. Huertas, D. Kipp, F. Calef, "Detection and Characterization of Rocks and Rock Size-Frequency Distributions at the Mars Science Laboratory Landing Sites," MARS - The Int. Journal of Mars Science and Exploration, Aug. 2012.
- D. Spencer, D. Adams, E. Bonfiglio, M. Golombek, A. Huertas, T. Parker, L. Tamppari, R. Arvidson, T. Heet, T. Stein, K Seelos, P. Smith, "Phoenix Landing Site Selection and Hazard Assessment," Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, 2009.
- M. Golombek, A. Huertas, et.al., "Size-Frequency Distributions of Rocks on the Northern Plains of Mars with Special Reference to Phoenix Landing Surfaces," J. Geophys. Res., 113, E00A09, doi:10.1029/2007JE003065., 2008.
- A. Huertas, Z. Kim, R. Nevatia, "Automatic Description of Complex Buildings from Multiple Images," Computer Vision and Image Understanding Journal, 2001.
- A. Huertas and R. Nevatia, "Detecting Changes in Aerial Views of Man-Made Structures," Image and Vision Computing Journal
Vol. 18, Elsevier Science Publishers, 2000, 583-596.
- A. Huertas, J. Chen, G. Medioni, "Automatic Registration of Color Separation Films," Interna¬tional Journal of Machine Vision and Applications
Vol4, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991., 1991, 33-51.
- A. Huertas, W. Cole and R. Nevatia, "Detection of Runways in Complex Airport Scenes," Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing Journal, Vol. 51., 1990.
- A. Huertas and R. Nevatia, "Detecting Buildings in Aerial Images," Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing Journal, Vol. 41, 1988.
- A. Huertas, J. Chen and G. Medioni, "Fast Convolutions with Laplacian-of-Gaussian Masks," IEEE Journal on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1987.
- A. Huertas and G. Medioni, "Detection of Intensity Changes with Subpixel Accuracy Using Laplacian-of-Gaussian Masks," IEEE journal on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 1987.
- , "," .
- L. Matthies, et. al,"Computer Vision on Mars," Intl. Journal of Computer Vision, Oct. 2007, vol. 75, No. 1, pp. 67-92., .
- Book Contributions:
- with A. Lin & R. Nevatia., "A System for Building Detection from Aerial Images, In Automatic Extraction of Man-Made Objects from Aerial and Space Images II, edited by A. Gruen, E. Baltsavias and O. Henricsson, Birkhauser Verlag, Switzerland, 1997.," .
- Conference Papers (non-refereed):
- M. Golombek, P. Bellutta, F. Calef, R. Fergason2 R. Hoover, A. Huertas, D. Kipp, R. Kirk, T. Prker, Y. Sun, H. Sladek, "SURFACE CHARACTERISTICS AND TRAVERSABILITY OF THE GALE CRATER MARS SCIENCE LABORATORY LANDING SITE," LPSC # 1608, 2012.
- A. Huertas and Y. Cheng, "AUTOMATIC MAPPING OF LUNAR CRATERS AND BOULDERS," LPSC-#1272, 2011.
- L. Gaddis, C. H. van der Bogert, Y. Cheng, A. Huertas, J. Skinner, B.R Hawke and T. Giguere, "SMALL CRATER DENSITIES NEAR APOLLO 17: CLUES TO PROPERTIES OF LUNAR PYROCLASTIC DEPOSITS.," LPSC #2584, 2011.
- M. Golombek , J. Grant, A. R. Vasavada, J. Grotzinger, M. Watkins, D. Kipp, E. Noe Dobrea, J. Griffes, T. Parker, R. Kirk, R. Fergason, R. Beyer, A. Huertas, R. Milliken, and Y. Sun, "LANDING SITES UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR MARS SCIENCE LABORATORY," LPSC Conference, #2407, 2010.
- M. Golombek, H. Sizemore, A. Huertas, L. Tamppari and M. Mellon, "Estimates of the Number and Size of Rocks within Reach of the Robotic Arm During Phoenix Surface Operations on Mars," 39thLunar and Planetary Science Conference, League City, TX, Mar. 2008, March 2008.
- A. Rankin, A. Huertas and L. Matthies, "Evaluation of Stereo Vision Obstacle Detection Algorithms or Off-Road Autonomous Navigation," Proc. Automatic Unmanned Vehicle Symp., 2005.
- A. Rankin, C. Bergh, S. Goldberg, P. Bellutta, L. Matthies, "Passive perception system for day/night autonomous off-road Navigation," 2005 SPIE Conference of Autonomous Vehicles, 2005.
- A. Ansar, A. Huertas, L. MAtthies and S. Goldberg, "Enhancement of Stereo at Range Discontinuities," Proc. 2004 SPIE Defense and Security Symposium: UGV Technology, 2004.
- Conference Papers (refereed):
- Y. Cheng and A. Huertas, "A New Strategy to Land Precisely on the Northern Plains Of Mars," ISAIRAS_2010, 2010.
- A. Huertas, A. Johnson, R. Werner, R. Maddock, "Performance Evaluation of Hazard Detection and Avoidance Algorithms for Safe Lunar Landings," IEEE Aerospace, 2010.
- A. Huertas, Y. Cheng and R. Madison, "Passive Imaging Based Multi-cue Hazard Detection for Safe Landing," Pending. Submited to 2006 IEEE Aerospace Conference, 2006.
- A. Huertas, A. Rankin and L. Matthies, "Stereo-Based Tree Traversability Analysis for Autonomous Off-Road Navifgation," Proc. 7th IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, 2005.
- Z. Kim, A. Huertas and R. Nevatia, "Automatic Description of Buildings with Complex Rooftops from Multiple Images," Proc. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2001.
- A. Huertas, Z. Kim and R. Nevatia, "Multisensor Integration for Building Modeling," Proc. Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2000, 203-210.
- A. Huertas, S. Lee and R. Nevatia, "Modeling 3-D Complex Buildings With User Assistance," Proc. 5th IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, 2000, 170-177.
- A. Huertas, D. Landgrebe and R. Nevatia, "Use of Hyperspectral Data with Intensity Images for Automatic Building Modeling," Second International Conf. on Information Fusion, 1999.
- A. Stein, L. Matthies and A. Huertas, "Attenuating Pixel-Locking in Stereo Vision via Affine Window Adaptation," Pending: Submitted to 2006 Int'l Conference on Robotics and Automation, .
- Z. Kim, A. Huertas and R. Nevatia, "Automatic Description of Complex Buildings with Multiple Images," Proceedings of the Fifth IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, 155-162.
- A. Johnson, A. Huertas, R. Werner and J. Montogomery, "Analysis of On-Board Hazard Detection and Avoidance for Safe Lunar Landing," 2008 IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MO, Mar. 2008., .
- -A. Huertas, Y. Cheng and L. Matthies, "Automatic Hazard Detection for Landers," 9th Intl. Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space, Los Angeles, CA, Feb. 2008., .
- L. Matthies, A. Huertas, Y. Cheng and A. Johnson, "Stereo Vision and Shadow Analysis for Landing Hazard Detection," International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Pasadena, CA, May 2008, .