The Perception Systems Group develops navigation and mapping sensor systems for aerial and maritime systems. Algorithms and software for vision based applications developed by this group extract precise information used for mapping, navigation and situational awareness. The group is also involved in image processing for maritime applications and supplying navigational and motion planning components. The work includes:
- Vision based 3D perception systems for airborne platforms.
- Vision based 3D perception systems for maritime (surface) platforms.
- Automated detection and classification of 3D surface contacts for navigation and sea surface motion planning in the maritime domain.
- Advanced (low power, light weight, economical) 3D perception systems for sea surface and aerial applications.
- Implementation of vision and autonomy applications for ground, water and space applications.