J. (Bob) Balaram
Principal Member of Technical Staff
- J. Balaram,
R. Mukherjee, "Attitude Dynamics and Control of Moving Mass Multibody Aeromaneuver Vehicle," AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference.
AIAA-2008-6390., August 2008.
- S. A. Striepe, D. W. Way, A. M. Dwyer; J. Balaram, "Mars Science Laboratory Simulations for Entry, Descent, and Landing," Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets,
vol.43 no.2, 2006, 311-323.
- J. Balaram, R. Austin, P. Banerjee, T. Bentley, D. Henriquez, B. Martin, E. McMahon, G. Sohl, "DSENDS - A High-Fidelity Dynamics and Spacecraft Simulator for Entry, Descent and Surface Landing," IEEE 2002 Aerospace Conf., Big Sky, Montana, March 9-16, 2002.
- J. Balaram and H. Stone, "Automated Assembly in the JPL Telerobot Testbed," Intelligent Robotic Systems for Space Exploration, Chapter 8, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA, 1992, pp.297-342,.
- G. N. Saridis and J. Balaram, "Suboptimal Control for Nonlinear Systems," Control-Theory and Advanced Technology, Vol.2, No.3, 1986, 547-562.
- C.N. Shen, R. Lahey and J. Balaram, "A State Variable Formulation of Density-Wave Oscillation in Boiling Water Reactors," ANS Transactions, 36, 1981.
- S. Striepe, J. Balaram, "Mars Smart Lander Simulations for Entry, Descent, and Landing," AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conf., Monetery, California, 5-8 August, 2002., .
- B. Martin, J. Balaram, D. Henriquez, G. Sohl, C. Miller, M. Pomerantz, "System Engineering Challenges of Real-Time Simulation for Mars Smart Lander Entry, Descent, and Landing," AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conf., Monterery, California, 5-8 August, 2002., .
- A. Jain, J. Balaram, J. Cameron, J. Guineau, C. Lim, M. Pomerantz, G. Sohl, "Recent Developments in the ROAMS Planetary Rover Simulation Environment," IEEE 2002 Aerospace Conf., Big Sky, Montana, March 6-13, 2004., .
- P. S. Schenker, P. Pirjanian, J. Balaram, K. S. Ali, A. Trebi-Ollennu, T. L. Huntsberger, H. Aghazarian, B. A. Kennedy and E. T. Baumgartner, Jet Propulsion Laboratory; K. Iagnemma, A. Rzepniewski, and S. Dubowsky, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; P. C. Leger and D. Apostolopoulos, Carnegie Mellon University; G. T. McKee, University of Reading (UK), "Reconfigurable robots for all terrain exploration," Proc. SPIE Vol. 4196, Sensor Fusion and Decentralized Control in Robotic Systems III (Eds. G. T. McKee and P. S. Schenker), 15 pp., Boston, MA, Nov. 5-8, 2000., .
- J. Balaram, "Kinematic Observers For Articulated Rovers," 2000 IEEE Conference on Robotics & Automation, San Francisco, USA, April 2000., .
- J. Balaram, "Kinematic State Estimation for a Mars Rover," Robotica, 18, 251-262, (2000)., .
- J. Yen, A. Jain and J. Balaram, "ROAMS : Rover Analysis, Modeling and Simulation Software," Fifth International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Automation in Space, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 1-3 June 1999, .
- James A. Cutts, Viktor Kerzhanovich, J. Balaram, Bruce Campbell, Robert Gershman, Ronald Greeley, Jeffrey L. Hall, Jonathan Cameron, Kenneth Klaasen and David M. Hansen, "Venus Aerobot Multisonde Mission," AIAA Intl. Balloon Technology Conf., 1999, Norfolk, Virginia., .
- J. Balaram, Jonathan M. Cameron, James W. Cutts and Kerry T. Nock, "Autonomous Mobility, Navigation, and Control for Venus Aerobots," I-SAIRAS 97, July 14-15, Tokyo, Japan., .
- Kerry T. Nock, J. Balaram, Matthew K. Heun, I. Steve Smith and Terry Gamber, "Mars 2001 Aerobot/Balloon System Overview," AIAA Intl. Balloon Technology Conf., AIAA 97-1447, June 3-5, 1997, San Francisco, CA., .
- J. A. Cutts, K. T. Nock, J. A. Jones, G. Rodriguez and J. Balaram, "Planetary Exploration by Robotic AeroVehicles," Autonomous Robots, 2, 261-282 (1995)., .
- S. Hayati, J. Balaram, et-al, "Remote Surface Inspection System," Robotics, Vol 11-1, May 1993., .
- J. Balaram and S. Hayati, "A Supervisory Telerobotics Testbed for Unstructured Environments," Journal of Robotic Systems,, Vol. 9-2, pp. 261-280, 1992., .