- A Stoica, M Kuhlman, C Assad, D Keymeulen, "Developing humanoid robots for real-world environments," 8th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, 2008, 567-572.
- Y Chen, L Del Castillo, N Aranki, C Assad, M Mazzola, M Mojarradi, E Kolawa, "Reliability assessment of high temperature electronics and packaging technologies for Venus mission," IEEE CFP08RPS-CDR 46th Annual International Reliability Physics Symposium, Phoenix, 2008, 641-642.
- C. Assad, D. Newman, W. Burleson, J. Essenburg, U.K. Banaru, S. Cary, K. Hodges, "Mission Contingencies for Team (Astronaut-Robot-Mission Control) Interactions," JPL SURP DRDF Annual Report, 2008, Task # 1209 and 1222.
- A Csaszar, JC Hanan, P Moreels, CL Hughlett, C Assad, T-H Chao, P Perona, "A Low Cost Test-Bed for Real-Time Landmark Tracking," SPIE Sensors and Systems for Space Applications, April 9-11, Orlando, 2007.
- Y. Chen, L. Del Castillo, N. Aranki, C. Assad, "High-temperature electronics and packaging reliability methodology and cabling issues," JPL R&TD Annual Report, 2007, R.06.037.044.
- C. Assad, "Intelligent Control for Agile Biomorphic Robotics," In: Howard AM, Tunstel EW (eds.), Intelligence for Space Robotics, TSI Press, 2006, 383-402.
- C. Assad, TH. Chao, J. Hanan, A. Csaszar, P. Moreels, P. Perona, "Real-time landmark tracking," JPL DRDF Annual Report, 2006.
- C. Assad, M. Jabon, N. Aranki, "Multi-electrode EMG sleeve human-machine interface," JPL R&TD Annual Report, 2006.
- C. Assad, "Cerebellar Model for Dynamic Balance," Dynamic Walking Workshop, May 6-8, Ann Arbor MI, 2006.
- C. Assad, S. Trujillo, S. Dastoor and L. Xu, "Cerebellar dynamic state estimation for a biomorphic robot arm," IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2005, 877-882.
- Hanan JC, Chao TH, Assad C, Hughlett C, Zhou H, Lu T, "Closed-Loop Automatic Target Recognition and Monitoring System," SPIE, Optical Pattern Recognition XVI, 2005.
- Hanan JC, Assad C, Chao TH, Moreels P, Perona P, "Real-Time Landmark Tracking," JPL DRDF Annual Report, 2004.
- Paulin MG, Hoffman LF, Assad C, "Dynamics and the Single Spike," Special Issue on Temporal Coding for Neural Information Processing, IEEE Transactions Neural Networks, 15(5), 2004, 987-994.
- Paulin MG, Hoffman LF, Assad C, "Distributed coding by single spikes in the bullfrog vestibular nerve: a basis for dynamical computation in neural systems," Neurocomputing 58-60, 2004, 73-77.
- Hartmann MJ, Johnson NJ, Towal RB, Assad C, "Mechanical characteristics of rat vibrissae: Resonant frequencies and damping in isolated whiskers and in the awake behaving animal," J Neuroscience 23(16), 2003, 6510-6519.
- Assad C, Hartmann MJ, Paulin MG, "Control of a simulated arm using a novel combination of cerebellar learning mechanisms," Neurocomputing 44-46, 2002, 273-281.
- Hartmann MJ, Assad C, "Head and whisker movements during exploratory behavior in rats," Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Prog. No. 257.1, 2002.
- C. Assad, "An hypothesis for a novel learning mechanism in cerebellar cortex," Autonomous Robots 11, 2001, 285-290.
- Paulin MG, Hoffman LR, Assad C, "A model of cerebellar computations for dynamical state estimation," Autonomous Robots 11, 2001, 279-284.
- Assad C, Kewley D, "Novel aVLSI weight storage and Hebbian synapse for spiking neuron circuits," Novel Technology Report / NASA Tech Brief NPO-20965, 2001.
- Assad C, Hartmann M, Paulin MG, "Reanimating Marr's bones: A new look at 'A Theory of Cerebellar Cortex'," Computational Neuroscience Meeting CNS*2001, Pacific Grove, 2001.
- Assad C, Rasnow B, Stoddard PK, "Electric organ discharges and electric images during electrolocation," J Experimental Biology 202(10):1185-1193, 1999.
- Stoddard PK, Rasnow B, Assad C, "The electric organ discharges of the gymnotiform fishes: III. Brachyhypopomus," Journal of Comparative Physiology A, 184(6):609-630, 1999.
- Assad C, Rasnow B, Stoddard PK, Bower JM, "The electric organ discharges of the gymnotiform fishes: II. Eigenmannia," J Comparative Physiology A 183(4):419-432, 1998.
- Assad C, "The next level of motor control: Inspiration from the Cerebellum," First NASA/JPL workshop on Biomorphic Explorers for Future Missions. Aug 19-20, JPL, 1998.
- Rasnow B, Assad C, Hartmann M, Bower JM, "Applications of multimedia computers and video mixing to neuroethology," Journal of Neuroscience Methods 76:83-91, 1997.