Dr. Alberto Behar
Member of Technical Staff
- Behar, A., Raymond, C., Matthews, J., Means, E., "The JPL PAUSE Aerobot," Presented at the International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Hawaii, USA- October 10-12, 2005.
- F. C. Bruhn, F. D. Carsey, J. K?hler, M. Mowlem, C. R. German, A. Behar, "MEMS Enablement and Analysis of the Miniature Autonomous Submersible Explorer," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 1, January 2005, 165-178.
- A. E. Behar, F. C. Bruhn, F. D. Carsey, "Exploring Miniaturization Limits for an Instrumented Autonomous Submersible Explorer for Extreme Environments," Accepted to 13th Int. Symposium on Unmanned Untethered Submersible Technology, 2003.
- A. Castano, A. Behar and P. Will, "The CONRO Modules for Reconfigurable Robots," IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics special issue on self-reconfigurable robots, August 2002.
- F. Carsey, C. Mogensen, A. Behar, H. Engelhardt, A. Lane, "Optical Technology Approaches for a Mars Polar Cap Subsurface Mission, Results of Tests in the Earth Ice," International Glaciological Society, Physical and Mechanical Processes in Ice Symposium, August 2002.
- A. Behar, F. Carsey, A. Lane, and H. Engelhardt, "The Antarctic ice borehole probe," Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MO, March, 2001.
- A. Behar, "On the Design of Sub-Kilogram Intelligent Tele-Robots," Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Southern California, May 1998.
- A. Behar, G. Bekey, G. Friedman, R. Desai, "Best Student Paper Award for the World Automation Conference: ISORA Session The Sub-Kilogram Intelligent Tele-Robots (SKIT) for Asteroid Exploration," World Automation Conference, Anchorage Alaska, May 1998.
- A. Behar, "The Prototype Sand Sample Acquisition Device for A Mars Micro-Rover Mission," Masters Thesis, Rensselaer, 1992.
- P. Christoffersen, S. Tulaczyk, F. Carsey, and A. Behar, "A quantitative framework for interpretation of basal ice facies formed by ice accretion over subglacial sediment," Journal of Geophysical Research, (in Press), .
- M. Craven, F. Carsey, A. Behar and J. Matthews, "In-situ imagery of meteoric ice-marine ice transition and marine ice-ocean interface on the Amery Ice Shelf," International Symposium on Ice and Water Interactions, .
- A. Behar, F. Carsey, J. Jones, J. Matthews, F. Nicaise, "Tumbleweed Rover Extreme Environment Testing at the South Pole Station," World Automation Conference, Seville, Spain, May 2004, .
- A. Behar, F. Carsey, J. Jones, J. Matthews, "NASA/JPL Tumbleweed Polar Rover," Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MO, March, 2004, .
- A. Behar, F. Carsey, A. Lane, H. Engelhardt, "The Ice-Borehole Probe, The art of borehole imaging has been extended to cold, wet, high-pressure environments.," NASA Tech. Briefs Oct. 2003, .